Sunday, May 7, 2017

The prep continues....


The prep works continues…Yesterday, we removed the flybridge rails, and the mast. I like her better with no mast, so I think we will “simply” plug the hole and rerun the wires for the anchor and the steaming lights. We lifted the flybridge and chocked it with scrap 2*4 blocks so that it is ready to be removed from the deck. 


Today we removed the remainder of the letters. I have to confess I did go after work one day to do that, but was only able to remove one letter in 15 minutes, so I got grumpy and left! However with both of us working (and the sun shining on the letters) we made quick work of it. We discovered some of the stripes on the side were tape with paint over it in parts, so we began to remove that also. Our plan is to paint her while she is out of the water. I don’t think we are going to have her ready by Memorial Day!












No comments:

Post a Comment