Saturday, October 7, 2017

Splash Down!!

IT'S OVER!!! DONE!!! The YellowBird, not our marriage!! (Although there were times...). 

This past week after work, we went to the boatyard to complete the last minute "knick-knack" stuff. I completed the boot stripe by the swim platform (we changed our minds and decided we wanted it there). Shawn made sure the electronics on the flybridge and main cabin communicate. He also installed a new (to us) radio on the flybridge. 

Bigger stuff that Shawn did in the late afternoons and evenings: he installed a new floor under the cockpit AND put the water tank in for me! While I said I would deal with no water for a bit he knew I would feel better with the tanks installed and filled. I have the BEST husband!

Sadly, I was at work for the actual splash down but Shawn sent me pictures to keep me updated.




















In all seriousness, we are VERY fortunate that we both LIKE projects and we LOVE spending time together. And now we can begin our cruising (and continue to work on the YB while ENJOYING her)!

Love my captain!


No comments:

Post a Comment