Monday, October 23, 2017

First Foray

With beautiful weather and calm seas, we decided to spend our weekend reaping the delights of all our hard work. I feel as if the weather gods are smiling upon us and rewarding us for all of our hard work by granting us a "summer weekend" in October.  We started our weekend by zipping (haha!! in the trawler) over to Hughlett Point on Friday after work for a quiet leisurely evening enjoying the warmth and the gorgeous sunset while sipping wine.












Saturday was another beautiful day. We rendezvoused with some friends and made our way to the Chesapeake Bay Seafood Festival by boat. My first ever seafood festival and overnight on the boat anchored out! Our friends have a Chris Craft.

We tethered our two boats together since we were both overnighting.







The morning dawned crisp and clear. Cool, but not cold. We used a denatured alcohol burner to make coffee (my wonderful husband did that).





It was a bit chilly in the morning, so we used a portable heater. Which does an amazing job--a must have for our overnights in the cooler weather for me. Our friends were more prepared than I as they had made ham biscuits for the morning. I had not really given a thought to breakfast on board. So I will be prepared next time!



Our anchor windlass has not been re-installed, but luckily I have Shawn! We weighed anchor and spontaneously decided to spend the day cruising the area rather than going home.







I got to pilot the boat!



And enjoy the cruise!
I think we need some type of remote control so Shawn and I can sit together and enjoy the cruise.











A wonderful weekend and a phenomenal first overnight on the boat for me! I cannot wait for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment